Pupil funds and loans for studies in Sweden
Pupil grants and loans are meant for pupils that are their studies at e.g. college university, college or vocational university. You can also apply for student grants and loans for studies at compulsory and upper secondary level at Komvux (adult education college) or folk high school if you are over the age of 20.
Dining dining Table of articles
- Information as a result of the Corona virus
- Size of funds and loans you’ll receive
- Needs and conditions
- Application, research payment and assurance
- Offer notification in the event that you then become sick or if such a thing modifications
- Repaying the learning education loan
- Appealing against a choice by CSN
Pupil grants and loans for studies in Sweden
Playtime: 03:47, English message
The mortgage you must pay off. It is possible to decide to use entirely for the grant, if you do not desire to simply take away that loan. The loan features a low interest and doesn’t require any safety, and you’re in a position to repay it over a any period of time. In 2020, the interest rate is 0.16 percent.
Information as a result of Corona virus
Read more about how exactly the Corona virus affect the pupil funds and loans from CSN.
Size of funds and loans you’ll get
exactly How big is the grants and figuratively speaking you can e.g receive depends. on
- your rate of study ( part-time or full-time)
- the amount of months you’re learning for
- how big your earnings.
Funds and figuratively speaking, 2020 (examples for different amounts of weeks)
||1 week, SEK
||4 days, SEK
||20 weeks, SEK
Other funds and loans that one may make an application for
Some pupils can get more grants or borrow more income.
- When you yourself have custody of kids underneath the age of 18, you’ll submit an application for additional kid allowance.
- When you yourself have worked within the past and received a specific minimal earnings, you’ll make application for a supplementary loan. You’ll get this as of the you turn 25 year.
- You may receive an increased grant element in your student aid if you payday loans in East Sussex no credit check are studying at compulsory or upper secondary level and satisfy certain conditions. You may also get this if you’re learning on a complementary programme that is educational up to a subject teacherвЂ™s degree. You are entitled to the increased grant, so you do not need to apply for it when you apply for student grants and loans, CSN checks whether.
- When you have extra expenses connected with your studies, you’ll in some instances submit an application for one more loan. For instance, you might have costs for dual housing or even for particular trips.
In case your earnings exceeds the income limitation
The income limitation temporarily eliminated during 2020
Because of the Corona crisis the earnings restriction is temporarily removed during 2020, in the event that you learn with pupil funds and loans ( studiemedel ). Which means your earnings during 2020 will perhaps perhaps perhaps not impact exactly exactly how much pupil funds and loans you’ll get.
You might get earnings up to certain quantity without your pupil funds and loans being impacted. The earnings restriction is determined per calendar half-year, January-June or July-December. In the event your earnings surpasses the earnings restriction, you’re not eligible to the exact same amount of funds and loans.
The earnings limitation will depend on exactly just how several weeks you are learning for and whether you’re learning full-time or part-time. For instance, if you’re likely to learning full-time with pupil funds and loans for 20 months in a calendar half-year, the earnings restriction is SEK 90 075. You is able to see your earnings limitation in the choice you have from CSN.
Demands and conditions
Different needs and conditions should be pleased to enable one to be entitled to student help.
- The training you will be going to must give the entitlement to pupil finance.
- You must be registered in your courses.
- Your studies must certanly be at the very minimum 50 percent of full-time and must endure for at the minimum three days.
- You must be below the chronilogical age of 57. The entitlement to borrow decreases from the 12 months you turn 47.
- You might maybe maybe not get particular other advantages during the time that is same getting pupil funds and loans, such as task help, sickness advantage and introduction benefit.
- You are able to just get student grants and loans for a restricted period of time. How long is determined by the scholarly education degree for which you might be studying:
- University university, college or other post-secondary education: a maximum of 240 months
- Upper additional degree: a maximum of 80 or 120 months, dependent on your past training
- Compulsory college degree: at the most 40, 80 or 100 days, based on your education that is previous and you’re learning.
- When you yourself have formerly examined with pupil funds and loans or an training entry grant, you need to have pleased certain requirements in regards to credits to be able to get brand new pupil funds and loans. The needs regarding credits differ dependent on which program you might be studying.
- For those who have unpaid yearly costs or needs for longer than one duration, you might not get pupil funds and loan. Contact CSN to learn more.
- If you should be likely to learn abroad, unique rules use.
Extra conditions and terms for international residents
You also need to satisfy special conditions in order to be entitled to Swedish student finance if you are a foreign citizen. You will usually be entitled to Swedish student finance if you have a permanent residence permit and live in Sweden.
For those who have gotten a short-term residence license through the Swedish Migration Agency as you have refugee status or comparable, you’re additionally frequently entitled to Swedish pupil finance.
In addition, various rules use based on whether you’re a resident of the country within or outside of the EU/EEA or Switzerland.